Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Your Driving Me Crazy!





An email from the highest-ranking person at my workplace that went out to ALL employees, opened like this today:

Dear Employees, 

As your aware, we had a blood drive yesterday... 

​*facepalm* 

Just shoot me.

​Please.​

Yes, I know...it's an easy typo to make. And I would expect to see it all over Facebook, Twitter, comment threads at various websites, and in texts. But I hold journalists, executives, educators (and others who should know better) to a higher standard.

It takes less than a minute to proofread your email before hitting SEND. Such a small investment of time to avoid looking dumb.

What awful emails have you received from the "top dogs" at your company that made your head shake with grammatical disgust?

No comments:

Post a Comment